A non-exhaustive list of things that can get your post deleted

Yes also do you have a bad word and bad link filter?

1 Like

Btw I have a lot of security in my house and digital, but I wont share it (edited)

1 Like

we do! if you tried to post a bad word - for example, the word “address” is filtered if you try to type it by itself - you would get a message saying you cannot post it. sometimes posts with potentially bad words are also added to a filter, which one of us moderators will check and approve/reject if we see something wrong with it.

our team of moderators is also online to check posts and links for anything that could be harmful - and if we see something, we just delete the post or edit out the inappropriate content.

that’s great for your family! but online safety is about others’ safety as well - if someone were to correspond with you via an external email, and someone else were to find that person’s email… there are a thousand scenarios that could play out, and none of them are very pretty :sweat_smile:

because we can’t physically or legally check communication out of our domain to make sure it’s safe and kid-friendly, we have to have this blanket rule (no CoF) to prevent people from getting into problems that are out of our control. does that make sense?

8 Likes

Yep I cannot post the word (where you live)

2 Likes

And yes that makes sense

3 Likes

This is always valid! Bump!

3 Likes

12 days later

3 Likes

ok?

2 Likes

._.

4 Likes

It’s alright for THT members to do as they’re an integral part of the forum and Hopscotch community. If there’s changes being made there and there’s a change in team members, it’s perfectly ok for them to make a topic to share that with us. After all, it is their forum for us and they’ve got the right + power to let us know about stuff like that if they want to

11 Likes

Exactly. Couldn’t have said it any better myself.

1 Like

general topics are basically “you can talk about anything, even not relating to hopscotch” which is why they arent allowed

that was put in place almost 2 years ago and all topics like that are hard to find if they are not deleted

3 Likes

could you link us to a general project topic created this week? any project updates topics (outside of beta-testing) would fit best in our general project updates topic.

as for leaving, fearless has put this situation quite well:

as employees of THT and caretakers of our community, these people have a responsibility to let us know when they come and go. it would be akin to a leader letting the community know that they’ve stepped down or have been recently appointed - these posts help us know who to direct our questions and concerns to!

6 Likes

Yep ^^ CCC said it perfectly

And the GPUT (General Project Updates Topic) is an official topic for all project updates.
However, beta-testing topics are different as they’re topics where people can get help and feedback on currently unreleased projects. These are allowed and are typically unlisted to allow for that privacy:))
If a beta topic turns into an updates topic, a leader will Clive it and portal all update posts to the gput

As for the THT farewell topics, I’ve explained that above, right here

There’s basically a difference between a user saying “I’m Ieaving” and creating a topic centered around that and a THT member saying goodbye to a community that they’ve helped build when they move on to bigger and better things. Same goes for arrival introductions (like Yuanyuan’s) — it’s a way for them to officially introduce new members and the people that’ll be working with us going forward.
They tell us all about that stuff because that means a change in moderation and how things work, which is stuff that’ll impact everyone. It marks a significant change in the community and dynamics, and it’s important for everyone to know about that. Those are official announcements, and can therefore go as topics under the #announcements category for every hop to easily access, whereas a yctayhch post or mss post (like what users will typically do when entering a period of inactivity) can easily get lost and isn’t as accessible.

Hope that helps ^~^

7 Likes

Hi ya’ll what’s up did anything get deleted?

1 Like

@QuadraticStudios (I think you asked, my b if I tagged the wrong person)

GitHub and GitHub repos are fine to share

5 Likes

bump wow this is old

1 Like

I guess that make since but you broke that rule

4 Likes

they are a Leader, i guess they have special rules. Theses are only for us, not for THT

3 Likes

The rules apply to everyone, regardless of TL :sparkles:

However, resignation posts are different from leaving posts. I’ve explained this elsewhere, hang on

8 Likes