A non-exhaustive list of things that can get your post deleted

Are you in the pictures?

1 Like

Do pets count?

1 Like

don’t think so, unless there’s you or someone else in it

As long as they’re not well known, famous or anything should be perfectly okay!

2 Likes

Nope, pets should be fine if there is no one else visible in the picture!

Also, make sure to not include any photos of the environment that could reveal information about your home or surroundings.

And, some pets have ID badges around their neck. Make sure not to show those:)

5 Likes

No just imovie background photos

3 Likes

Then you should be fine!

4 Likes

Your so right about this

1 Like

Can your topic be deleted too? If so, change the title so it has post and topic

2 Likes

@Ana look at the message I just sent

1 Like

Also in the list there was a part “You can delete it yourself also, for your own reasons”, right?

1 Like

no

1 Like

Ah - you can’t delete your own user, but there are ways to get it deleted for you!

Welcome to the forum :D

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum ! We are glad you are here !

2 Likes

Yeah, your topic can be deleted to!

The word “post” can be used to indicate both a topic and a reply to a topic. But how people use the word is different between people. Personally, I use “post” for replies and “topic” for topics. Nonetheless, this list is about all kinds of content on the forum - whether it’s user biographies, replies, topics, or anything else.

11 Likes

That’s good to know. I think there was an assumption that since you don’t have to be 100% on topic in your bio, not all the rules applied @Yusamac205

3 Likes

I answered this on the qna topic but no.
Its still unmoderated and can lead to the exchange of personal info or other unsafe things
Which is why it’s considered Cof and isn’t allowed

(Was in re to a now-deleted party asking about sharing hs only emaiIs)

4 Likes

I read that btw

any form of communication with other Hops outside of Hopscotch (or the forum) has potential to harm you if someone bad were to find it.

as fear has said, it’s not so much about whether your email is Hopscotch-related, as it is about whether we can make sure you’re safe.

does this explanation help?

7 Likes