A non-exhaustive list of things that can get your post deleted

Are you allowed to post a link to a your website, hosted on github?

4 Likes

GitHub is allowed so yep!
As long as the website doesn’t have any PI or any comments or anything. The leaders will be vetting it once jic anyway after you post it

5 Likes

What do you mean by PI?

4 Likes

I have the same question

5 Likes

@LR10123 @anon92895349 PI is short for Personal Information.

8 Likes

I don’t understand why you can’t post about leaving hopscotch. I think it’s important that your followers know your leaving. Because if your leaving all of a sudden and no one expects it, it can be really shocking. I don’t understand how that is inappropriate or in any way, mean. I would really like to know. Thanks.

7 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with a formal goodbye, but the reason they haven’t been allowed is that they often result in attention-seeking. In the past, many users probably considered leaving, posted about it, then never actually left. And as a result, the post was unnecessary and ended up drawing unneeded attention.

10 Likes

Okay that makes sense.

9 Likes

Are you allowed links to scratch accounts?

6 Likes

yep, you are!

9 Likes

Ooooh ok so thats why my testroom isnt allowed kk

5 Likes

Does this include Cupcake and Mr. Mustache’s backstory?

7 Likes

Oh
Never thought of that…

4 Likes

Technically. What I think about this is that the backstory is listed in the app, and you shouldn’t speculate or talk any more about that here, since it can get inappropriate, off-topic, and touch a subject that some people might not want to talk about.

9 Likes

I’d assume so, yes because hs was made before the forum, and that was before these guidelines were set. And since hs was made for coding, I doubt many people at that time would have used it to talk about that topic, I don’t think talking to other users would apply to how it is now but here there’s more chance people may talk about it more since the forum is for discussion if you get what i’m trying to say
(Basically just listen to what will said)

9 Likes

That’s a great addition to what I said. Thank you :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Exactly what I asked about approximately a year ago.

5 Likes

LOL wow its written below the dancing bear

3 Likes

Wow bro good question :flushed::flushed:

3 Likes

What do these mean?

2 Likes