Hey guys! Many of you asked us to provide more concrete and detailed guidelines for what can and cannot be posted. Here you go!
These are meant to be a guide, but they are not exhaustive. We’ll continue to add to these as new situations arise.
A non-exhaustive list of things that can get your post deleted:
- Using swearing words
- Bullying or trolling other users
- Rude language
- Anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Personal information:
- Your last name
- Usernames for other platforms
- Your email
- Your phone number
- Where you live
- Your school
- And anything else that anyone can use to locate you
- Personal Photos:
- Photos of yourself
- Photos of your friends and family members.
- Photos of your house or street
- Photos of your school
- Photos of any other location that can give away where you are. This also includes photos of your letters, messages, and phone screens.
- Photos, taken of other games or platforms, that reveal usernames, server names or other information that could lead someone to finding and communicating with you.
- Any original pictures that you or someone close to you has taken
- Links for others to contact you outside of the forum. This includes Whiteboard, Discord, Hangouts, Padlet, Instagram, any websites that require and/or collect login information (like google sites, docs, sheets, etc) and others yet to be invented.
- Links to your personal websites, Vimeo and other similar to these sites.
- This includes any and all websites unless you’ve coded them yourself and have shared them through an approved site.
- Links to websites that contain harmful advertisement and chats.
- Requests for someone else to share their personal information.
- Content that contains dating, violence, cruelty, horror scenes, diseases, self-harm, or is disturbing in any other way.
- Asking for followers or likes or asking if users like you.
- General Topics aren’t allowed
- Anything that harasses or grieves anyone, impersonates people or exposes their private information
- Posts involving mass data-collection from users, such as asking them about their location, school, district, grade, and age.
Things you can share
- Your first name, age, and Hopscotch username.
- Links to the websites that contain useful information about coding and creative arts.
- GitHub, GitLab for accounts that have Hopscotch projects only
- Your YouTube channel videos about Hopscotch.
These rules apply across the forum, including in profile bios.