A new way of exploring the games

Woah Woah Woah! Is it my horrible wifi or is featured the old featured and all other channels are gone?

Those are gone.
New featured is Game Changers.
Old featured got split up into the different categories

3 Likes

Well, that might be what you see, but this might just be my wifi, because I only see featured and it’s the old one.

Refresh it completely it’s probably the wifi

2 Likes

Ah! That’s better. I took a screenshot before. It was weird.

5 Likes

This slightly concerns me. So many people are gone and the average likes per game changer is barely 100. I think this is partially due to the channels.

The front page is game changers, but featured was better because it was alive, projects were added every day (or, better if it was every 2 – but that’s aside from the point). As for curated, we cshould bring back “newest” as a collection of featured projects.

Full report Wednesday.

6 Likes

If we bring back the old featured, the quality of projects might decrease again. With game changers as the default page when you click play, it will be more challenging to get a project on there. This will encourage hopscotchers to make “game changer worthy” projects.

1 Like

Not as “featured”, but as “newest”

3 Likes

Newest should be brought back

This makes a new Hopscotcher unable to be discovered without their username being searched

3 Likes

That used to be my concern too, but it’s full of role playing and chatting. THT can see the newest tab anyway. How are the curators able to feature projects? They can see the newest tab while we cannot.

Can you expound on that more? I don’t really get it. How can newest be a collection of featured projects?

1 Like

Featured but call it newest

1 Like

So the projects in that tab are technically featured projects, not newest projects.

1 Like

Yep, pretty much.

But if you call it “newest”, it’s kinda lying. The projects in the topmost part of the tab are the newest featured projects, not the newest projects.

2 Likes

I think we should just go back to before there were all these changes

1 Like

Ok, then call it “curated”

@FunDardo yeah kinda

3 Likes

Won’t that cause the quality of projects to decrease again? Because featured will become featured standards and not game changers standards anymore. People will be motivated to code game changers worthy project if the featured tab is the game changers tab (which it is right now).

This will be their mindset:
“So game changers is the new featured? I better make something game changers worthy if I wan’t to be in the featured tab and if I want my project to get attention.”

1 Like

That’s what I really like about the new channels, but the front page (game changers) is not updated enough to keep people interested. That is why I like featured, and if only it were the old tabs but featured was only updated say, every 3 days with one project

1 Like

Then people will be like

“It seems that the featured(game changers) tab is not updated yet, i’ll just look at the other channels/tabs.”

The other tabs will keep people interested while the featured tab is not updated yet.

2 Likes