A New Repeat System

I thought it would be a cool idea to make a choice when you go into the control flow area on HS that repeat forever and repeat should be the same block and you choose, whether or not you want :infinity: or a certain amount of time. I just thought we could make the Control Flow area be a little bit more compact, I also think that we could join the Check Once If, and Check If Else blocks together.

@omtI

13 Likes

@Leaders what do you think of this?

4 Likes

Don’t tag leaders, they’re not the ones responsible for these.
Great ideas, but a little hard to understand. I imagine you mean for loops, while loops, etc.

5 Likes

Yeah, that is what i mean. I just thought we could safe space on the Code tab.

4 Likes

Great Idea! Unfortunately, Leaders don’t have any input on what goes on in the app, only the forum. You can ask @Ana about it either here or through email if you want! Ana@gethopscotch.com (Ana’s email)

7 Likes

Okie, thanks I just thought it was a cool idea.

4 Likes

This sounds cool!

1 Like

hey this is an awesome idea!

also @Azura remember the leads are only to do with the forum, and you should only really tag them if there is something like a flame war happening :wink:

you can email Ana for this idea, like SG3A said!

3 Likes

Ok, thanks will do. I just wanted the community’s feedback.

1 Like

For something like this, then, tag omtl
Most of us are on there anyway :slight_smile:

But it’s a nice idea n i agree

2 Likes

Ok, good to know.

1 Like

I’m a little bit late, but this idea sounds awesome! It would also make the design and layout of Hopscotch more organized and easy to understand, I think.

For the Check once if and check if else-blocks, perhaps there could be a dropdown menu on the combined block where you can choose that?

This would not be too hard to implement as well, I think! But I am not THT, so I don’t know.

2 Likes

Yeah. Agreed, I was thinking that there is a lot of cool blocks on HS so could we take the similar blocks and turn them into different drop down areas for example thinking more broadly about just HS in general instead of just repeat could we have something like this? Sorry about my sloppy writing lol.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea! Much more organized

2 Likes