A FTU (Free to Use) Tab

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is:

A "#FTU” tab, and of course you could put projects there by including “#ftu” in the title

I’d use it for this type of project:

FTU (Free to Use) code

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this:

not really code related, but it would help people who make FTU content and people who are looking for FTU content

Here is an example design I’ve made:

I can’t send pictures soooo

I have not seen something similar in another programming languages, it does not look like this:

19 Likes

very good idea, but i’m afraid that the tab gets spammed of hopscotch’s tuto like geometry dash or sin/cos orbits

8 Likes

do you mean you’re afraid the ftu tab would get spаmmed? or are you saying that the main tabs are spаmmed by other things?
if you meant the main tabs are spаmmed by other things, the tab’s purpose wouldn’t be to kill spаmming, it would be a tab for ftu content

if you meant the ftu tab would get spаmmed by other things, I don’t see why it would unless people either wanted to spаm in it (like mass hash tagging) or if they didn’t know what it was for

11 Likes

This might work—would be helpful especially to new coders learning how the app works.

5 Likes

there’s already tutos in the section “learn”. I think some ppl would just copy those and publish in the tab #ftu

4 Likes

Well I assume the purpose of the tab would be to encourage more people to make more templates that others can use. No matter the channel, there will always be people who misuse it, and I don’t see how an FTU channel would be any different, plus, it has its benefits.

9 Likes

That’s what most people do, they just spam channels with random unrelated projects to make their projects well known

5 Likes

I know, that’s why I included “unless people either wanted to spаm in it (like mass hash tagging)”. But yes, you are right

4 Likes

I think that to prevent mass hashtaging we should just limit it to 2 or less, or make a curation filter where tht goes through the projects every day and chooses ones to display if you turned on the filter on that tab

5 Likes

All tabs are getting spammed

4 Likes

I know, I was just saying that it would be unlikely to get accidentally spammed, however yeah it would probably get spammed on purpose sometimes, just like every other tab

7 Likes

good idea maybe add a poll too

4 Likes
  • I’d like this in Hopscotch
  • I think this might not be good

0 voters

5 Likes

i want this ftu idea to come its helpful for coding projects maybe
wowwing bowl tutorlial

2 Likes