So, as many of you may remember, last night there was LOTS of drama on the forums. I almost ran out of flags for the first time ever.
This is just a friendly reminder about how we can be kind on the forum! :D
• Treat others the way you want to be treated. The Golden Rule! It's simple: if you want to be treated kindly, do the same to others!
• If a post is disrespectful to the community, flag it. You can check out Inty's topic for more information about when to flag! If you do get flagged, don't worry! It's just a reminder that you should be kind on-topic here. Also, DON'T SPAM FLAG. Inty's topic covers that too XD
• If you feel upset, get off the forums for a bit. Take at least 15-20 minutes off when you're really mad at someone. Maybe take a walk, read a book, draw, listen to fun music, write your feelings down, or anything, really. By then, you'll have calmed down enough to settle everything in a calm, peaceful matter.
• Avoid hidden messages or blocked words. Try not to get into flame wars in the first place, but if you do, avoid these two things.
• Step in if needed. If the warring has gone on for more than 5 minutes without a peaceful solution, try to step in. Post something like "Hey, this is getting a little flamey! Remember to always be kind to each other!" Then post a good popsicle/ice cream gif. XD
• Nobody is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. If you hurt someone's feelings, just apologize and everything should be OK! And don't make fun of someone who made a mistake!
Just a reminder for y'all!
If you're looking for a Popsicle or ice cream pic when stepping into a flame war, I got some here!