A "for you" page in hopscotch

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is:

a for you page

I’d use it for this type of project:

so i can see what is similar to what i make.

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this:

idk but basically it shows you projects that are similar to yours

Here is an example design I’ve made:

i haven’t made a design as its literally just a tab on the top of “explore”

I’ve seen something similar in another programming languages, it looks like this:

idk (again)

happy hopscotching!

17 Likes

somewhat interesting

6 Likes

Second post :)

5 Likes

Pretty much useful when im bored

5 Likes

Hmm, maybe similar to stuff you’ve liked, almost like what you see in most social media’s nowadays

4 Likes

Yes I see what you mean lol @(・●・)@

4 Likes

Yeah this is a :+1: idea! This would help Hopscotcher’s get more ideas, or games that they like.

5 Likes

Thanks!! :blush:

4 Likes

This is an interesting idea! However, I don’t think it would be possible for Hopscotch to have an advanced “for you”-algorithm with suggestions that are on point almost every time, because that would probably require them to collect a lot of data from users. But yeah, maybe just a randomized/simple algorithm! That would be super cool.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Hmm, this could come after tags maybe. That way projects with similar tags to what you’ve liked would appear there. Say u liked a project with the tag “trail art” “low poly” “banana”, and then a suggested project would be “trail art” “low poly” “car”

4 Likes

When you publish a project, there should be an option to fill out what your game is about, like action, adventure, art, and stuff like that + a description of the game so that a Hopscotch algorithm could form easier.

3 Likes

Yeah that is a good idea

3 Likes

They have hinted @ tags in the past

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: You Can Talk About Your Hopscotch Coding Here 16 [OFFICIAL]

Cool idea, but maybe instead of just recommended projects based on what you make, recommended project based on what you’ve played before. Both would be better.

2 Likes

I’d like this
I think if, like dolphin girl said, we had both played and made, it’d be cool.

3 Likes

I like it, but Hopscotch isn’t set up for that. It would be hard to train an algorithm with the astonishing lack of information Hopscotch collects. They don’t even collect the project category anymore. Also, the app is set up in a way that doesn’t give people a chance to give an algorithm as much information as it needs.

4 Likes