A bug where the when blocks go to the side

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

**Your username:**Bobzilla07

What kind of device are you using?: Ipad generation 5

1 sentence description of the problem (I was dragging stuff around , and then the blocks went into the purple block happened):

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:
1.open a purple when____ block tap on anything that doesn’t have the is tapped or you can choose and object like is not pressed
2. Then inside the purple block place a check once if block
3. Then drag the let’s say game starts block to the white of the check once block
4. Then it should go to the side of the empty purple spot
….

I expected this to happen:
The block to go inside
But instead this happened:
The block went back but to the side
Here’s a sweet screenshot:
Well it won’t let me post the video or gif because I can’t put embedded media into a post

12 Likes

can you post a link with spaces? I’ll repost it for you

2 Likes

Hmm, sounds strange. Also, I’m pretty sure that the when ___ blocks (magenta blocks) cannot be placed inside of check once if blocks (your report made it look like you were trying to place a magenta block inside a conditional Check Once If block, so that’s why I brought it up).

1 Like

Where would that be? Just to clarify…

1 Like

Hmmmm… odd.

Really odd.

2 Likes

It’s hard to explain. When I am A high enough rank I will come back an reply with the video

could you fix this so it will show?

@Leaders sorry to bother you but I didn’t say that could you put the gif in the post. Sorry but thank you for all the help

1 Like

Well this is the gif
Im not a leader

1 Like

Could you try this?

Here ya go

1 Like

Hey! :thinking:. I had this bug before!

2 Likes

Yea it was hard to explain without a picture

Lemme try again.

1 Like

It didn’t happen this time.

1 Like

Huh?
This is very strange

1 Like

I’m having some troubles editing your post from some reason - but I’m sure another leader will make sure to fix it soon!

3 Likes

That’s even more strange. Exiting the draft will fix that. Just like the blocks that where copied from another source will not function as well as automatically delete when leaving the draft, even if it doesn’t contain any variables.

Now I know by white space of the check once block, you mean the input field…

1 Like

Also, the when game starts, when game is playing, etc. can only be place inside the input field of the magenta blocks, so that’s why it’s doing that. An actual expectation would be that the magenta input blocks should’ve been automatically removed from the code editor when they are placed in an invalid input field…

1 Like

Blocks copied from another source when i have video access I have to show you something I was going to make another post but I didn’t want to make to many

1 Like