A Beginner's Guide to the Hopscotch Forum

hopscotch

Hai guyz I know there's already a topic for this but it didn't really explain much so I thought i'd make another one...P.S This is a complete draft in progress so yah... please don't steal >-<

I AM STILL WRITING BTW

First off, what the forum is for:

The Hopscotch forum was created for a number of reasons. Basically on this website, you can talk to other Hopscotchers, ask questions, and discuss things with other people who love to code as much as you.

Rules:

There are of course, rules in the Hopscotch forum. These are to keep us safe, and if a user breaks these rules, that user could have their account suspended. ( see below )
I'm just going to list a few basic rules, so if you want to see the rest of them just click here: http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/community-guidelines/16

• Be kind. Don't call people names, pretend that you're speaking with them in real life, and don't say anything your mother ( or grandmother ) wouldn't like you saying. :wink:

• Try to keep topics and posts related to Hopscotch ~ After all, the Hopscotch forum is about Hopscotch... If you must post something, try to make a folder and call it 'Off topic stuff'. I understand if you can't make it related to Hopscotch, cuz we have all been there, but at least try to :blush:

• Don't share personal information. I can't say this enough! It's okay to share your first name and even maybe your age, ( ask a parent first ) but don't tell anyone your last name, where you live, your / your parents phone numbers, passwords, etc.
    ( there's a bunch of other stuff but i'm too lazy α••( ᐛ )α•— )

Basic things you should know about the forum:

-Forum slang ~ I don't know much about this and I don't want to explain it incorrectly or give you guys the wrong idea so here are a few topics regarding the idea of forum slang:
~ http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/abbreviations-for-the-forum/4707
~ http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/hopscotch-slang-words/18679

-Forum Tricks ~ I won't explain this for now so here's a link that you should click:
http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/cool-forum-tricks-more-wink

~Emoticons / Characters / whatever
Here's just a very basic rundown:
α••( ᐛ )α•— ~ This is Gary. HE IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD RUN
;-; ~ This is basically the :joy: emoji...
(*-** ) ~ ( I think I made this up...idk honestly ) Basically this emoji: :flushed:
a bunch of other things. I'm lazy so here's a link to a project that explains more faces:
http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/the-emoticons-d

~Ranks: ( Scroll down )

~and more stuff I'll write later

Suspension:
A user can have their account suspended for a certain amount of days, months, or even years.
This means that they can't access the Hopscotch forum from that IP address and / or device.
( so that they can't create another account ). You can be suspended for a number of reasons, but mostly because you broke the rules / community guidelines ( see above ).
If you are suspended even once, you sadly cannot become a regular :disappointed:.

All about ranks:
In the Hopscotch forum, there are 5 different ranks.
( You have to do a certain number of things to get one )

-Moderator ~ They are also handpicked, they get a little sheild / badge next to their name, they can suspend users, and there are only 4-5 so far. ( don't know much about them...)

-Leader ~ OHMGEEE! So basically these lucky ducks get to close topics, create topics without a category, edit all posts, split and merge topics, have their daily likes increased by 3 X, and a bunch of other awesome stuff. ( These peeps are handpicked by THT so you can't really do stuff to get it )

-Regular ~ You have been on for a long time ( at least 1 and a half months ), and now you're an official helper around the forum! You can now recategorize and rename topics, create tags, change names of topics, have your daily like limit increased by 2 x, and you get access to THE SECRET LOUNGE!!! ( topic limited to peeps who are Regulars or higher where you can chat and stuff )

-Member, ~ You're officially a member! cool things you get are: Daily like limit increased by 1.5 x, invite users to a topic, etc.

-Basic ~ You've been on enough and read enough posts that THT knows you're not an evil robot! ( like @system )
You have some new abilities, now off to being a member!

-New user ~ This isn't really a rank, but I thought I would mention it anyway. You've just joined, and you need to be on for a bit more and read more posts so that you can become a basic. You have limited replies on your 1st day so use them wisely!

I didn't explain it very well so if you want a more detailed thingy click dis: https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/3

If you wish me to add / want to suggest something just leave a thingy below :blush: P.S Thanx to @BellaWafflez17 for helping me :D

Tag list

@HappyDolphin
@Paydent12
@KarmicSans2
@RubyStars
@Sensei_Coder
@FunkyGoldfish
@Candycane
@William04GamerA
@Jess888
@ArtyAnimal
@waddlemarco
@CreationsOfaNoob
@FascinatingTreehouse
@Rainboom
@Potter_Head
@StRiKe_Charler123
@StarryDream
@codingCupcake123
@Murphy1
@treefrogstudios
@Sugarisyummy
@ChocolateFox
@AvocadoDont
@bluedogmc-official
@Ella_13
@Sweetlina
@xXBARNSLEYFCXx
@FluffyMarshmellow
@GLaDOS_On_Da_Forum
@BubblegumCupcakeMix
@YuxinaYammy
@PerfectPanda24
@PianoGorilla2006
@ScarySweetheart
@Explorer_
@ColourfulBlack
@JojoDude
@happy12345678910
@Sprouse
@GiraffeProductions
@Themasterofairjitzu
@HopedHoper
@AwesomeNachos
@FortatoBuilder
@Valgo
@Vortex.inc
@ConnellCoder
@JaggedJeans
@KoolM123
@PandaBlossom
@BellaWafflez17
@ButterBark
@MudFlowerCat
@Silverdolphin
@ThePickle
@DMF
@KawaiiRose
@MiiR_legend
@Yellow_Mellow
@Steelhooves
@Hoppertoscotch
@PumpkinGirl
@DA-BEASTY
@TrevCoding

[/quote]

a parent first ) but don't tell anyone your last name, where you live, your / your parents phone numbers, passwords, etc.
( there's a bunch of other stuff but i'm too lazy α••( ᐛ )α•— )

VERY BASIC THINGS TO KNOW:

Basic things you should know about the forum:

-Forum slang ~ I don't know much about this and I don't want to explain it incorrectly or give you guys the wrong idea so here are a few topics regarding the idea of forum slang:
~ http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/abbreviations-for-the-forum/4707
~ http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/hopscotch-slang-words/18679

-Forum Tricks ~ I won't explain this for now so here's a link that you should click:
http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/cool-forum-tricks-more-wink

~Emoticons / Characters / whatever
Here's just a very basic rundown:
α••( ᐛ )α•— ~ This is Gary. HE IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD RUN
;-; ~ This is basically the :joy: emoji...
(*-** ) ~ ( I think I made this up...idk honestly ) Basically this emoji: :flushed:
a bunch of other things. I'm lazy so here's a link to a project that explains more faces:
http://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/the-emoticons-d

~Ranks: ( Scroll down )

~and more stuff I'll write later

Suspension:
A user can have their account suspended for a certain amount of days, months, or even years.
This means that they can't access the Hopscotch forum from that IP address and / or device.
( so that they can't create another account ). You can be suspended for a number of reasons, but mostly because you broke the rules / community guidelines ( see above ).
If you are suspended even once, you sadly cannot become a regular :disappointed:.

All about ranks:
( You have to do a certain number of things to get one )

-Moderator ~ They are also handpicked, they get a little sheild / badge next to their name, they can suspend users, and there are only 4-5 so far. ( don't know much about them...)

-Leader ~ OHMGEEE! So basically these lucky ducks get to close topics, create topics without a category, edit all posts, split and merge topics, have their daily likes increased by 3 X, and a bunch of other awesome stuff. ( These peeps are handpicked by THT so you can't really do stuff to get it )

-Regular ~ You have been on for a long time ( at least 1 and a half months ), and now you're an official helper around the forum! You can now recategorize and rename topics, create tags, change names of topics, have your daily like limit increased by 2 x, and you get access to THE SECRET LOUNGE!!! ( topic limited to peeps who are Regulars or higher where you can chat and stuff )

-Member, ~ You're officially a member! cool things you get are: Daily like limit increased by 1.5 x, invite users to a topic, etc.

-Basic ~ You've been on enough and read enough posts that THT knows you're not an evil robot! ( like @system )
You have some new abilities, now off to being a member!

-New user ~ This isn't really a rank, but I thought I would mention it anyway. You've just joined, and you need to be on for a bit more and read more posts so that you can become a basic. You have limited replies on your 1st day so use them wisely!

I didn't explain it very well so if you want a more detailed thingy click dis: https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924/3

If you wish me to add / want to suggest something just leave a thingy below :blush: P.S Thanx to @BellaWafflez17 for helping me :D

Tag list

@HappyDolphin
@Paydent12
@KarmicSans2
@RubyStars
@Sensei_Coder
@FunkyGoldfish
@Candycane
@William04GamerA
@Jess888
@ArtyAnimal
@waddlemarco
@CreationsOfaNoob
@FascinatingTreehouse
@Rainboom
@Potter_Head
@StRiKe_Charler123
@StarryDream
@codingCupcake123
@Murphy1
@treefrogstudios
@Sugarisyummy
@ChocolateFox
@AvocadoDont
@bluedogmc-official
@Ella_13
@Sweetlina
@xXBARNSLEYFCXx
@FluffyMarshmellow
@GLaDOS_On_Da_Forum
@BubblegumCupcakeMix
@YuxinaYammy
@PerfectPanda24
@PianoGorilla2006
@ScarySweetheart
@Explorer_
@ColourfulBlack
@JojoDude
@happy12345678910
@Sprouse
@GiraffeProductions
@Themasterofairjitzu
@HopedHoper
@AwesomeNachos
@FortatoBuilder
@Valgo
@Vortex.inc
@ConnellCoder
@JaggedJeans
@KoolM123
@PandaBlossom
@BellaWafflez17
@ButterBark
@MudFlowerCat
@Silverdolphin
@ThePickle
@DMF
@KawaiiRose
@MiiR_legend
@Yellow_Mellow
@Steelhooves
@Hoppertoscotch
@PumpkinGirl
@DA-BEASTY
@TrevCoding

Does anyone care about Bbo inc.?
A complete guide through the forum through links!
What are Trust Levels?
Hello! I'm CatWithABrush!
Forum Help for Beginners
Hi I'm the first Peridot on the Hopscotch Forum
Uhhh... Hi. I am new
What is Sight? Who is Sight?
Hi! I'm a sister to someone here!
What do I do here
Hi, zane here 151515
Welcome to the Forum Combo! :D
Hi, this is CheesyOlive
Must Read for New Users!
A complete guide through the forum through links!
Hello! I'm new here!

Haha awesome guide so far! Maybe use

line

spacing

so it's easier to read!

Great guide so far! :D
Maybe, instead of saying:

you could say:
:)

This is really good so far! I'll help you more this weekend =D
ahem? The credit? To me? Cause I helped?

Lol okay... I know

Awesome update! A lot better with the line spacing! Something worth pointing out is that if you're on the forums every day and you read lots you can get regular in only about 1 and a half months.

Awesome! :D

Regulars also can make tags and change name of the topic. :slight_smile:

Thanx peeps :blush: DMF and @MR.GAM3R

@ptheater2006 Hai Patrick so this is the topic. Remember that you're not allowed to show your face or other social media ( your mom's youtube is a big no-no ) and...you spelled Bella's name wrong. ( It's @BellaWafflez17 ) and make sure that you add a tag ( @ ) next to someone's name!

This is very helpful!!

Srsly though....:expressionless: Dis is myne

Okay I deleted...like when you see this so I can delete!

Please don't use my full first name! Just delete the post by pressing the β€’β€’β€’, then the symbol that looks like a trash can! Quickly, please!

Um guys plz delete @ptheater2006

Leike @friendship2468

Can you please put down my topic because it has a lot of information about mods in there and the requirements for regular and lots of other things you should know about the forum !

Here is the link :

That was a lot to read. But it was worth it. Thanks, I am pretty new and I think I got it. But I appreciate everyone doing this sort of stuff, like, guides.

_('0')_/

Maybe...