500 Internal Server Error?!?

help
whatisthis
forum
characterlimit

Ok I was on the forum and ya know it's normal... I just seem to have to reply with this comment, "Ok....................". And when I go to reply, this comes up.

So, I had to say, "Ok.................... 500 Internal Sever Error.......never happened before........". And that worked. But, what is this? What does it mean? I need to know!!!
@admins can you explain this weird thing?!??

error 500 is the server's way of saying "something went wrong! but... I have no Idea what." all the info error 500 gives us is that something went wrong with the server, sometimes it was a simple login issue, sometimes the server has been down for the past 2 months.

(server=the hardware behind this website, it's "home base" so to speak, everything on this site is always there)

it can last any range of time, from 5 seconds to far past the aforementioned 2 months

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wow

AGH IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN STOP PLEASE, FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!

another possibility, information overflow, the system is screaming "TMI!!!" accept for the actual amount of information being processed, it's not happening to me, so that is most likely not the case, as it would be too many people logged on, so my loooooooong strings of text would be strung out first, but if it is the problem, I'll log off, and be back at... 10:50? yeah, I'll be back then, tell me if it happens in that time period, k?

Wait what time zone it's 2:40PM for me and I'm due to be falling asleep at 10PM.

it's 12:53 for me now, got caught up in anime again ¯_(ツ)_/¯

So we're about 5 hours apart.......wow....

yep! PST for me (if i remember correctly)

Sorry, we are getting to the bottom of this, noticed an hour about 14 hours ago where we were getting a high error rate. Will update you here once we figure out what caused this. Was isolated to this forum.

@sam I kept getting a different error...

502 Bad Gateway!

When did you last get this error?

Around 9am to 10am from where I live, Singapore...

Yes that is when we saw the errors. Assume it stopped since.

I'm going to test. 20202020202020202020(I think this is enough characters)

@sam AHHH IT'S STILL HAPPENING!!! I'm in the same time zone as the HT and it's like 8:45 ish.... This is what I say:

"Ok...................."
And this comes up:

@sam I'm gettin 502 bad gateway and I live in Manhattan, NY? Was that a major...glitch target, too?

I Think What It Means Is "Body Invalid".

Time to upgrade those server machines!

yeah, that happened to me too.but, It worked the second time i tried to reply to something.

Probably not because it affected me for a story...