3D Platform in Hopscotch — Topic

ae_was_here

Unfortunately the code for this version was overwritten and lost (which apparently can happen if you’re accessing the same project with multiple devices)

4 Likes

That why I have at least 50 backups of Twisty Arrow at various stages in my drafts…

2 Likes

3D framewor𝗄 (faces) 1.0:

This 3D ”engine” is capable of easily setting up scenes/objects made out of cuboids and regular Hopscotch sprites and text. It renders 3D faces using the set width/height block (Face rendering developed by ThinBuffaloSr).

How to create objects

Objects are made out of several cuboids.
Before creating a cuboid, you need to define the properties of it. There are 9 variables you can set:

After setting all these (you only need to set them in the beginning and when they change) you add these two rules:

That is all you need to do to create a cuboid.

Some scenes made using the 3D engine:

@omtl
Props to you if you know who the first character is.

23 Likes

Amazing

4 Likes

Thanks! I’m still working on the post, and i’ll upload the project in a while.

5 Likes

Awesome! That is amazing! It’s been many years and things are still being discovered!

5 Likes

Very cool. Definitely will check it out!

3 Likes

We can create awesome voxel art now! This is amazing, @CreationsOfaNoob!

3 Likes

Game changing!

6 Likes

Astounding! Breathtaking! Capital! Daring! Elaborate! Fantastic! Great job.

6 Likes

Hollow Knight? I think…may be wrong

3 Likes

You win 47 Geo.

2 Likes

Nice feature

3 Likes

Thank you

3 Likes

Wow! Amazing job. This really proves the limitless capabilities of Hopscotch once again.

2 Likes

I might make a game similar to fez with this

4 Likes

It looks really cool. Sadly my phone can’t handle it so I only see triangles lol

2 Likes

Wow!

That is literally all I can say.
2 Likes

This is cool! @Rodrigo and I were just looking at this site: http://independentmedia.com/
@CreationsOfaNoob, do you think your engine could make that in Hopscotch?

7 Likes

Thanks!

I think it would be possible, but I will have to develop both the Hopscotch and the python part further for that to work. I’d also need to find another file format that supports animations.
Hopscotch might also be too slow for that amount of faces.

Would you consider adding a block for setting the z level of an object? That would be beneficial for, among others, this project.

7 Likes