3D Hopscotch (probably a very large stretch)

Alright hear me out; I know 3D hopscotch would be kind of hard to incorporate, but think of the projects that people could make! I mean, all you would have to do is slap a z axis on all the x and y axis blocks, add the 3D code, and be done! (Btw I know it is much more complicated that is said but still)

9 Likes

Yeah I don’t think that’s going to happen, sorry.
Hopscotch is a 2d coding app, and they probably didn’t even expect people to make 3D projects (like COANS) in the first place.

4 Likes

I just thought of the idea and decided to slap it on the hopscotch forum :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

if you think deeper, z axis is the exact same thing as set size with some xy pos and z index adjustments :)
you can literally create a 3d game with all the tools Hopscotch has right now. A great example is @CreationsOfaNoob’s 3D Engine, mentioned by @Otato is post 2

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s fine!

3 Likes

But how do you do the z axis thing??

4 Likes

Actually I’ll go figure it out myself

3 Likes

Let’s say there’s 2 objects, Square and Circle, in your editor. If Square has a Z-Index of 5, and Circle, a Z-Index of 4, and those 2 objects are one on each other, Square appears to be above Circle.

You should imagine Z-Index as Layers on a table. The more the Z-Index is high, the more the object is far from 0, your table.

Does it make sense? I’m not good at explaining things but i try my best :)

8 Likes