3D Car Simulator- Released (by JojoDude)

competition
top5win
leaderboard

Wow that’s amazing! But does it work for projects already published? @Awesomeonion, I & a few others have tagged you in a particular topic regarding a possible problem which is occurring due to the edits.

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/z7kap5qno

After following @ThinBuffalo’s instructions and awaiting for @awesomeonion to make changes to the player, I’ve found that the latest update has some issues.

The 1/2 hand-mode setting doesn’t work anymore. I press it and the hands don’t switch text.

The car has a delayed building time. This is a real bummer as one of the things I was most proud of in the game was that the car built itself faster than @MagmaPOP’s one.

The points don’t appear on screen in the top right anymore and the word “Level” is gone too.

Any idea of what happened?

@ThinBuffalo, is the old version still working? Should I switch back to that?

The player has a bug now that causes Text Set to sometimes not change the text. We have to wait for awesomeonion to fix it.

Ah, ok.

Thanks for letting me know.

By the way, JojoDude is my HS and old forum account but I use @Jojo now.

As this is my topic, I’m notified anyway but just in case you try to tag me somewhere else, this is the account to do it on :grin:

I just saw, on a different topic, that awesomeonion already rolled back the player to the prior version.

I just tested and Set Text again works as expected. Are you still having the problem with missing texts or texts that don’t change?

I’ll check now.

I don’t know that “1/2 hand mode” was, but with the last link just above I see “Level” and the points. And it even plays longer. The code changes much have helped :+1:

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/z7pccly8t

It’s all fixed. Thanks @ThinBuffalo and @awesomeonion

1/2 handed mode is in Settings.

Maybe build the car when the project starts and use set color

Hmmm, so it appears that Awesomeonion will have to think of a different way rather than waits. I’ll think about something.

I’m thinking of an automated refreshment when a project is played. I notice that a few refreshes fix up bugs.

It wouldn’t work that way.

The colour needs to be set before hand otherwise the windows would mess up since they need to be a different colour.

If a put a repeat forever on the windows, it’ll glitch out too much.

Plus, I think it’s pretty cool how the car that you chose the colour of builds in front of you.

AAaaaaa the tag didn’t appear in my notifs DDD;
The game is pretty cool! But I think you can use dynamic trail art technique to make the road moving.
I lost on level 5

Teach me Senpai :0

I will read in the morning.

ok! I’ll make a project

wait, senpai?! tysm ;u;

Thanks @DMF, I really appreciate the gesture :slight_smile:

Yes Sensei, you are me Senpai

bows