Once upon a time, a coder named Serenity saw a flame war erupt on Hopscotch.
Serenity thought, Gee, this place could always use a little bit more kindness!
From this thought, the idea for the 30 Day Positivity Challenge was born.
This challenge alternates between real-world positive challenges, and Hopscotch or HSF Challenges. I hope I'll have some friends participating with me! (I'm starting on the 25th of August when I get Hopscotch back. But that's for a different topic.)
This topic is where, after we do a challenge, we talk about what we did specifically and how it made us feel inside! When we finish the challenge, we can also post the link to our coded banner here.
- Hold the door for someone.
- Find thirty good projects that aren't by super-popular Hopscotchers. Like them!
- Smile at a stranger. (This might sound creepy, but people appreciate it when you smile at them!)
- Find a random project. Give the Hopscotcher who made it some advice on how to make it better!
- Compliment someone you don't talk to often.
- Give a warm welcome to a new Hopscotcher!
- Thank your parents for something (or everything!).
- Make a shoutout to a Hopscotcher who isn't well known, but deserves it.
- Don't get into an argument with anyone all day.
- Make a fan account for a Hopscotcher who doesn't have one.
- When an employee does something for you that involves doing their job, thank them.
- Publish a project with a heartwarming quote.
- Go out of your way to be nice to a sibling or classmate (or both!).
- Go follow some awesome people!
- Do something productive around the house without being asked.
- Send a virtual hug to someone (either on the forum with a virtual hug gif or on Hopscotch with my project!).
- Make a card for someone, for no particular reason other than to tell them they're awesome.
- Answer someone's question on the forum!
- Help your parents or siblings with something.
- Find the bright side of someone on Hopscotch and tell them how great they are.
- Give someone a real life hug.
- Dedicate a project to someone.
- Tell your friend how much you care about him/her.
- Try out a new code.
- Try something new.
- Make a tutorial on the forum.
- Give something to someone.
- Make a sad Hopscotcher feel better.
- Practice a sport/musical instrument without being asked.
- Code a banner for the completion of the challenge!
Tagging Art Frens (because kindness is a very difficult art to master)
The following people will be tagged when Serenity posts art stuffs.
Feel free to add yourself in the "Make a Tag List!" topic!"
I hope you'll participate!