3.37.3/3.37.4 Official Topic

But the old method used to unsnap it after you held it for some time, then it was changed to where that wouldn’t happen anymore.

6 Likes

This :point_up:

The only difficulty I had (that @Awesome_E also mentioned) is that after the object was “unsnapped” and you dragged it to the exact coordinates you wanted, it would tend to move a few pixels when trying to remove your finger from the screen. So if the last few ms of input were ignored upon release, it would have been perfect.

Edit: And by “move a few pixels” I didn’t mean snapping back to grid. If you were trying to position something at 148, 150 for example it might move to 147, 150

Edit 2: That said, I thinking fixing issues like “immediate” calculations to respect the block order, for example, is significantly more important

5 Likes

Pretty much what you said.

3 Likes

agree. @Nazari is on that one right now :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@awesomeonion @Nazari
Oh, I have a question on that one.

It’s always been that the conditional blocks execute “immediately”. Nested conditionals would also execute “immediately”, but exiting the conditional ends the code execution for that frame.

Meaning this takes 2 frames:

If 7=6 then
    {calculate something}
End if
If 7=7 then
    {calculate something}
End if

But this takes 1 frame:

If 7=6 then
    {calculate something}
Else
    If 7=7 then
        {calculate something}
    End if
End if

Following the rationale for implementing “immediate” calculations to improve the performance for calculations, is it possible to make any continuous sequence of calculations and logic occur “immediately”?

So something like this would all occur “immediately”:

{calculate something}
If 7=7 then
    {calculate something}
End if
{calculate something}
If 7=7 then
    {calculate something}
End if

Thanks in advance for considering the request!

6 Likes

Hey @awesomeonion I’ve been experiencing troubles with editing an object’s name and making it snap to the grid, may u fix that plz? It would be awesome if you could fix that since it’s stopping me a bit, thank you!!!

3 Likes

I think snap grid doesn’t currently exist?

7 Likes

(It did about 4 updates ago)

5 Likes

Hehe didn’t read the rest…

3 Likes

I see snap being removed isn’t a bug, huh.

Can I request that it be implemented as a setting you can turn on/off, at least for the moment? I use snap heavily to place things in perfect places.

12 Likes

I am shocked so many people actually used snap to grid. It always made things harder for me.

9 Likes

Yeah same. Can be convenient occasionally but usually it’s more of an annoyance

7 Likes

I miss snap, It just feels so weird without it. Also, which block replaced “Set position”?

5 Likes

Set center in HS beta

5 Likes

What was wrong with set position? If it’s for simplifiying for new users, I have a way easier time understanding “set Position” than “Set Center”.

6 Likes

I remember using snap to grid occasionally when making a lot of the same thing just with a different object, like two different characters with the same code, and I wanted them to be evenly spaced out.

I would like to see this become a setting.

4 Likes

“Set position” is still a block in the normal editor and in the ability “go to center”

4 Likes

I use it in E-Pad because I don’t rely and character position to run the project and it helps me organize my objects better. I’m still on 3.37.2 on my main

5 Likes

Well, if you want to place something exactly in the center (500,400), I really liked the old variant snap to grid fuction. Even though it wasn´t optimal for placing things exactly between a point in the grid, I just used the “Change X by” and “Change Y by”-blocks. But I understand that not everyone like that approach…

6 Likes

The old method let you choose; you could unsnap by holding long enough. Then the got rid of unsnap. Then they got rid of snap.

4 Likes