2022 Creative Game Jam!

2022 Creative Game Jam!

Disclaimer:

This event/competition/challenge is started by me (@creationsofavillager) and all the currencies, rewards, and prizes are handled by me, not Hopscotch. You can find other similar self-started events in the latest #competitions-and-events or #shops-and-requests topics, or even start one yourself. Because this is started by me, Hopscotch and the forum leaders are not involved or responsible in any of the transactions here.

Welcome!
Dear Hopscotchers!
You’re invited to the 2022 Creative Game Jam, where you code based on a given topic and win prizes! (Even if you don’t win, you get prizes too…)

Rules:

• Submit your game here after 2022-10-14T15:59:00Z and before 2022-10-21T15:59:00Z or you will be disqualified.
  • The topic of your game will be given on 2022-10-14T04:00:00Z, but exact timings can’t be shown.
  • It must be coded on Hopscotch.
  • You can use other hopscotchers’ artwork, but make sure you ask their permissions first!
  • Any project is welcome.

Topic:
Who knows what the topic is? But you, contestant, can decide!

Rubric:
Code neatly presented? (10)
Does it run well/laggy? (10)
Well format? (5)
Pictures, like shape arts (5)
Fun? (30)
On topic? (10)
*TOTAL: 70 POINTS

Prizes:
FIRST PLACE - 1st Place Champion Certificate (ONLINE), 20 seeds, plant on your project
SECOND PLACE - 2nd Place Champion Certificate (ONLINE), 10 seeds, plant on your project
THIRD PLACE - 3rd Place Champion Certificate (ONLINE), 5 seeds, plant on your project
PARTICIPANTS - Participation Certificate (ONLINE), plant on your project

Tags:
@omtl
@TeamCreations

FAQ (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS):
Q: Can we collab?
A: Yes, but only 1 hopscotcher posts the link and list the collab members’ hopscotch forum and hopscotch app username.

Q: What if my friend made a project but doesn’t have a forum account?
A: Then you can help your friend to post the link! Just make sure you say it’s theirs.

Q: Why is there no sign up form?
A: You just need to post your link to your game and your forum+app username. Like this:

@creationsofavillager here is my game!
Link: ……………………
Username (app): ………
Username (forum): ………
14 Likes

Cool!
I might join I’m not sure tho

2 Likes

Do you mean custom images? If so, that’s unfair to people who are unable to pay for them.

Cool comp!

4 Likes

You can use custom images, but it won’t count into the final score. The pictures are for shape arts, etc

3 Likes

wait, so we can code anything we want? sick!

3 Likes

What’s the topic?

2 Likes

You can code anything you want!
( @Bobinny )

2 Likes

@creationsofavillager here is my game!
Link: (Let’s Smash! by HappyCoder😃🇺🇦)
Username (app): HappyCoder​:smiley::ukraine:
Username (forum): HapPI314

3 Likes

Thanks for your submission, even though no one else did…
I’ll still give you the certificate, 20 seeds and plant on your project.
Is it ok if I give it to you about next week perhaps? I’m on a holiday…

3 Likes

Sure, that’s fine :))

3 Likes

Do you really want your certificate?
I’m bad at certificate designing

3 Likes

and im too late… oh well

4 Likes

I don’t mind :))

3 Likes