2021 Welcome Team Applications!

Community is built by the people of which it is comprised; each and every one of you reading this is why this forum is the amazing, diverse, inclusive, welcoming and safe space it is. Our goal has always been to cultivate this and create the best community we can.

I’m very excited to announce that we are opening up applications to recruit more welcome team volunteers who will help us with new users onboarding on the forum.

Responsibilities:

• Interact with new and returning users and help the Hopscotch leaders answer any questions they may have while navigating the Hopscotch forum
  • Assist with forum initiatives/making Hopscotch projects that showcase our forum community under the mentorship of a forum Leader

If you’re interested in volunteering for the welcome team, fill out this form: form link
Applications will be open until Monday, September 20th at 2:00 PM Eastern Time.

Once applications have closed, we will review them and notify every applicant of their application status. There will not be an interview process, so make sure that you include most of your thoughts in the application! There are no requirements beyond having a love for Hopscotch and this forum, and I strongly recommend that you apply if interested.

If you have any questions about the application process, don’t hesitate to reach out to a Leader. If you have any questions about the welcome team, feel free to have a discussion with a current member. We’re all here and happy to help.

Good luck to all applicants! :sparkles:

@omtl @FearlessFriends

21 Likes

For reference, the current welcome team members are:
@Temm
@Ren
@TheDeliciousOrange
@Mindcool24

Ooh i might apply
(first)

8 Likes

I wish I could apply

7 Likes

why cant you? we’d love to have you and there’s no requirements at all

10 Likes

Can’t be active for the month

7 Likes

This is going to be very cool! I can’t wait to see who the new members will be :eyes::eyes::eyes:

8 Likes

Applied! dances I’m super excited for this!

7 Likes

Same

Good luck to all

How many people will y’all accept? :eyes:

9 Likes

I have applied! 2nd best thing from leader and mod apps

7 Likes

I’m Excited!

7 Likes

we’re looking to accept 5-10 people but don’t have a specific number as of now. we’ll take as many people as works, but we estimate that it’ll be somewhere in that ballpark

13 Likes

Hey fearless. When is the day you’ll send the notice for people that are in?

7 Likes

Oh boy! The welcome team is going to grow quite a few!

(Also fearless shouldn’t you include yourself and silve on the welcome team list? Or are you no longer members since you’re leaders?)

9 Likes

Best of luck everyone! Looking forward to seeing the new faces! :D

8 Likes

Alright

I applied, I don’t know if it’s possible for me to make it because I can’t be very active for this month but we’ll see I guess. Thanks for the opportunity and thank you for giving an estimate! :)

10 Likes

depends on how many people apply, so i cant really say.

id guess we’ll have them within 5-10 days probably but it also depends on how our schedules look and when we can all get together to discuss them.

9 Likes

yes! we’re hoping to do a huge expansion haha :))

me and silv are no longer formally members since we’re leaders, but all leads still help out with the welcoming!

of course! good luck with your application :))

10 Likes

How do I apply?

5 Likes

You can click the link here to access the form (:

9 Likes