10 tips for running a successful competition

I don’t know

2 Likes

Those tips are good, but I disagree with some of them. I’m not going to pretend I’m a genius who knows everything about collars (because I don’t), but I’ve failed leading competitions before and I learned some interesting things from it.

My tips would be:

• Keep it interesting - Give an interesting topic that grabs attention immediately. Marketing your collab is important
  • Make it very easy for people to start coding - A problem I find is that many people just don’t get the motivation to start, so help get them motivated.
    I’m working on a competition that will have a “screenshot rule”. The idea is to have the contestants share a screenshot of their project progress so that they have a reason to start on time.
  • You probably don’t have to ask for judges - I’ve realized that you will never have a lack of judges and that people will ask to judge without you asking them to ask you.
  • Keep it personal - Engage with everyone and don’t act like you are superior to everyone. You are not a big boss and nobody on this forum wants to be treated like a little kid

That’s it. I may have more once my next competition is over.

4 Likes

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/1170koiudg
Where is my prize
:rofl:

1 Like

ah but the due date was March 3rd :wink:

3 Likes

You made it on June. How could it be March 3rd

1 Like

time travel

3 Likes

Bump
This could still help a lot of users

Bump lol
This would be very useful

That is the most convincing argument I have ever seen

1 Like

Bump this is useful

2 Likes

Bump

I feel that everyone who hasn’t read this yet should read it.

Ok I’ll really go to bed now.

3 Likes

Why do I feel like this is very important right now?

3 Likes

because true because there are a lot of comps rn

2 Likes

The pixel art comp I hosted back in September was surprisingly successful thanks to these tips. If I ever decide to continue it (probably when there is only one or two comps going on and not five or more lol) I will continue to reference these.

Thanks @Nobody for putting your time, effort, and experience into this. (;

5 Likes

Why is this so funny to me

1 Like

Nice and helpful