I don't recall seeing an announcement of the most recent beta (not the topic titled 5/19 version, but the 3rd beta since the last production version. Hopscotch Version 37, Player Version cb43565)
It would be helpful to us (who are just trying to help you) to know what THT thinks they fixed or what was changed in a given version.
Is the most recent beta (~6/17/17) did you stick with the reversion to the iOS player? I assume so as some of the fixes that went into the js/web player are still missing. Is that still your plan moving forward?
- Looks like the problems with self have been fixed
- The completely spurious bumps causing execution to essentially stop have been fixed
Here's the issues I've noted with the latest beta (Hopscotch Version 37, Player Version cb43565)
- The "slow start / faster restart bug" needs to be addressed. Link to topic
- FPS drops significantly with a few hundred clones and a When Bumps rule
I created a 20 x 20 matrix of 400 clones using the "fast clones" technique. This works as expected & the FPS is at 60. No issue there.
Then I added a When Bumps rule
And the FPS drops to 17 (with no bumps occurring)
- Simultaneous bumps still produce spurious results
In the same project as previously described, when the square is repositioned to bump multiple circles, here are the results:
- The Turn degrees block doesn't work
- I have a beta project that still creates the Whomp bug. See Sprite Test in my drafts. It did not Whomp until I added Text 7 which continually sets its text to display an iPad variable
(I will continue to update this post as I encounter additional issues)