Hey Beta Testers!
We have a new beta release that we’re excited to share with you, but first want to tell you about our new beta testing system. I mentioned this in a thread yesterday but it was confusing so we're trying again
We are now going to use Apple’s beta testing software, TestFlight, to send out betas. When we are ready to test, we will send you an email like this explaining what’s up and then you will also get an email from iTunes Connect telling you that you can download the beta. Sign up for TestFlight notifications and they’ll tell you when we have a new beta.
Here’s how to get started:
- Download TestFlight from the App Store
- When you open TestFlight, there should be an invitation from Hopscotch. If you didn’t get that, sign up here: https://liza53.typeform.com/to/pgjAan
- This beta will update the Hopscotch you have instead of downloading a new app. When we release a new version, you can download this update and it will replace the beta app. This means that you won’t need a separate beta account.
- Things you publish from the beta will not be shared with the whole community.
- If you want to go back to regular Hopscotch, delete the app and reinstall Hopscotch from the App Store.
- To give us feedback on the beta, download Hopscotch in TestFlight (see image on left). Then, tap into Hopscotch and "Send Feedback" (see image on right).
If you have more questions about testing with Testflight, email us. If you did not get an email from iTunesConnect yesterday, please let us know and sign up here: https://liza53.typeform.com/to/pgjAan
NOW!! The fun stuff!! Here’s what’s in the new update:
Today we’re releasing the beta of our new project player. This updates makes projects fully compatible between Hopscotch and the web! Send someone a link to your project, and they’ll play the same thing on the browser as you play in Hopscotch. Now everyone you know can play your games.
- Test the beta by making new cool and complex projects. We’ve updated the hopscotch project player and we want you guys to help stress-test it.
- Old projects will run on the old player, including your drafts. So the only way to test this is by making a brand new project.
- Things to look out for: using text and emojis as characters and using bump and is touching rules.
Let us know if your new projects work as you’d expect them to. Does anything seem broken? Send us the link to any project that doesn’t work.
Thanks so much for your help!
The Hopscotch Team