Hi @Liza, @Rodrigo, @Nina, @awesomeonion, @t1_hopscotch
It’s awesome that THT has been working on a fix for this!
I’ve downloaded the new Beta to test & decided to test it on my Jigsaw Puzzle project that was the original project where I discovered this issue. I’ve had to clean various versions of this project probably 8 or 9 times. The current draft version is v1.1 and as a baseline was 4.664 MB (so in need of cleaning again).
- I opened it in the beta version and closed it. Nothing happened.
So I thought, maybe you need to change the project before the new process works?
- I added an object (copied one of the existing objects) and closed it. This time the green cloud did appear. So then I downloaded the app’s json_projects folder to check the project’s new size. Unfortunately, now it’s 6.135 MB, so it got bigger ️
I made a copy of the project. It was 3 KB, which was suspiciously small. When played, here’s what you get:
When I exited the project, it was deleted from my drafts.
However, I’d saved a copy of my json_projects before entering the project. So I could go back and look at the project contents. The stage height & width were 0, hence the all black stage. Also project was essentially blank.
@Liza, here’s what I see when exiting a project:
Based on your original post, I assume no action is required after exiting a draft?
Reduce the size of existing drafts and reduce lag: open the project in the updated version of Hopscotch and then close the project. The green cloud icon should appear in the upper right corner; this means that the project is being cleaned as we sync it to the server. Don’t open it again until the cloud icon is gone.
But the green cloud icon stays until I press the cloud in the upper right-hand corner of the GUI
I intentionally turned off wifi, and a very small test project gave the message to email THT. I don’t think that’s what you want, as you’re likely to get numerous emails from Hops asking you to fix their project when the real issue is their wifi connection.
The server side cleaning doesn’t seem to be doing anything. I ran Jigsaw v1.1 (beta) through my program again to fix it and proceeded to continue working on the project. I’ve exited multiple times and let the automatic cleaning do what ever it does. However, I just checked and the file size is now back up to 7.272 MB
I’m going to run it through my program again, but will save a copy of the current file if you need it for troubleshooting. Unfortunately, my program only cleans eventParameters and traits which are the keys which are the 2 biggest offenders. However, I think rules & abilities might now also need to be cleaned.
Current project stats
- traits: 2252
- rules: 405
- eventParameters: 13367
- abilities: 568
FWIW, after I cleaned the project, the traits reduced to 518 and the eventParameters reduced to 46. The file size is still 1.6 MB so I’m sure there’s still opportunity for additional clean up.